Thursday, July 30, 2009

Shutter Cleaning - Renovation

About twelve years ago the original wood shutters which adorned the front windows of our home here in West Bibb County began to look very shabby. I took the opportunity to acquire vinyl shutters because they would never rot. What I did not consider is that they would fade in this Climate. Even though the front of our home is quite shaded because of large trees the shutters did fade. Needless to say I did not appreciate the faded look. Reflecting back on my experience with vinyl tops on cars a few years ago I determined to conduct an experiment. I applied some Original formula "ArmorAll" (Trademark Registered) to the four shutters on the Garage. This was done about two months ago. The results were outstanding and the shine held up.
Today I acquired four bottles of "ArmorAll" and went to work on the windows on the house. This is a view of one of the Windows which I have labeled the "Before" image:


As you can tell the "After Image" above certainly looks much better. So that you can appreciate the view better, please click on either of the images and view them in a larger format. I think that I have developed a method of keep the shutters looking great.

No comments: