Saturday, July 25, 2009

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation

(FDIC) At Work
Last evening I learned that the Bank where I do my checking had been taken over by the FDIC and resold to another Bank.


This morning while I conducted my errands here in Macon, Georgia I noted an unusual number of cars at the Security Bank Branch on Riverside Drive. This picture does not show an unusual number of automobiles at the Security Bank Headquarters on Forsyth Road however I did drive through the back parking lot and noted a large number of automobiles parked there. Many more than usual for a Saturday Morning. In fact there were a good number of automobiles from out of State. I got the impression that the FDIC was inside doing their job. For that I am grateful.
The Piedmont Community Bank, another Bank in Middle Georgia was also resold this past week.
This past week has not been a good week for Middle Georgia Banks. As I read our local print media, "The Telegraph" I learned that Georgia has had sixteen of a total of 64 failed Banks in our Country.
Certainly not good, but I am glad we have the FDIC.

No comments: