Saturday, July 25, 2009



U. S. Navy Seabees In Action

BEKASI, Indonesia (July 22, 2009) Construction Electrician Third Class James Smith, from Naval Mobile Construction Battalion (NMCB) 40, lays wire for a playground courtyard foundation alongside Indonesian Navy engineers as part of an engineering civic action program at Pusaka Rakyat Primary School during the first phase of Cooperation Afloat Readiness and Training (CARAT) Indonesia 2009. CARAT is a series of bilateral exercises held annually in Southeast Asia to strengthen relationships and enhance the operational readiness of the participating forces. (U.S. Navy photo by Hospital Corpsman 1st Class Maria Gonzalez/Released)
I must admit that I have never featured the U. S. Navy Seabees in my Blog Post. Today I will make up for that oversight. This picture shows our Constructmen inacting with Sailors of Indonesia. When I served in our Navy this was called "The People To People Program."

No comments: