Sunday, July 26, 2009

Night Blooming Cereus
Several years ago one of my Bride's Garden Club Peers gave us two cuttings of this ugly looking plant. I had seen her plant when it was in full bloom. In fact we attended a party at her house at about 11:00 P.M. when the plant was in full bloom. As the Blooming Party wound down we were given two cuttings of this ugly plant which produces such lovely flowers with a nice pleasant scent.

Our two plants have finaly matured enough to the point that they are now in their final count down to provide us a lovely show some evening very soon. Here you have two views of the flower buds which I acquired on July 23.



Here are three views of this plant which has eight flower buds. The other plant has two flower buds. suspect that they will be in full bloom soon. I just do not know when. I understand that the bloom buds take days to produce their lovely flower. These three images were captured on Sunday, July 26, 2009


You can learn a lot about this plant by visiting:
Once you read the article I have linked above you might like to know that I intend to let others know when this flower will bloom. Please contact me if you are interested in viewing this special flower when it is in full bloom. Please remember that the blooms are good for only one night and it is late in the evening when it can be determined when it will bloom.






No comments: