Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Garnavillo, Iowa
Honors Her Heroes
The gardens surrounding the monument, the planters and the flag poles were recently dedicated in this small town of 700 citizens.  I captured these pictures during my recent Visit in early August to visit Siblings, Family and Friends.  I was impressed.  This display of respect for our Nation's Heroes certainly speaks well of the people who reside in Garnavillo, Iowa and the area surrounding this Farm Town located on U. S. Highway 52 in Clayton County, Iowa.



As I close this post I must be honest.  I attended the Garnavillo Community School during my eight grade and High School years.  I graduated as one member of the Class of 1958 with twenty-five other scholars.

I appreciate what my town has done to Honor Her Heroes.  Well Done!!!!

No comments: