Thursday, October 20, 2011


College Hill Bear Trail

Macon, Georgia
 Today, October 20th as I was conducting my errands in Macon I viewed two statues.  They are both on the edges of Washington Park.  Of course you can ascertain where the first Bear is located.  He is looking over College street in the 400 Block.  He has been named the Stamp Bear for an obvious reason.

 The second bear I observed was located on the South Side of Washington Park on Washington Avenue.  He is looking at the Washington Library.


After I captured these images I did not have additional time to seek out other Bears in Macon, Georgia.  If any readers here know of additional Bears please let me know so that I can post their images here on "The World This Week."

As but one citizen of the Middle Georgia Community I salute the organizations that have worked side by side to bring these Bears to Macon, Georgia.  I hope that there are more Bears planned or even already placed.  They certainly contribute to the local scene to allow Macon, Georgia to have additional points of interest for all of us to enjoy.

Thank You to the Sponsors as indicated on the placards above each College Hill Bear.


1 comment:

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

I came across you photos on the College Hill Bears while trying to find some information on them. I am posting Ocmulgee Bear on my blog, Chattahoochee Valley Daily Photo, today.

http://bfarr-theblueglass.blogspot.com/2012/03/college-hill-bear-trail.html