Tuesday, October 04, 2011


Government under the Law/Constitution

or

Government by a Ruler

For the majority of my life here in the United States of America I was informed that our Government and all Citizens lived and conducted government  in accordance with the Constitution and the Laws that were enacted by the various levels of Government that we have. 

In the recent years I have heard of how our Lawmakers and yes, even our President appear to be ignoring the Laws of the Land which have been enacted since our Country was Founded.  I also understand that our Lawmakers and even our President often decide that they know what is best and even ignore our U. S. Constitution.

I also understand that our U. S. Supreme Court has or will consider the fact that our recently enacted "Health Care Law/s" are even allowed by our Constitution.  I recall that the Speaker of the House of Representatives informed the Congress that in order to learn what the Health Care Law/s contained it should be passed and then the entire document could be opened and studied.  If I understand it correctly the Health Care Law/s contains over two thousand pages.

I also understand that many consider the Health Care Law/s as not meeting the requirements of our U. S. Constitution.  I simply cannot comprehend how our esteemed Lawmakers of either Political Party, Democrat or Republican can even think that the Citizens of this great country will tolerate such folly in the Halls of our Congress.  I have heard the phrase that our U. S. Capitol, where our Senators and our Representatives meet is "The Peoples House."  It is indeed a shame and quite possibly a sham,  that the people - "The We The People" often referred to in our important, founding documents are at this time being ignored.

I have even heard that some of my fellow citizens think and/or feel that our Lawmakers and again, Our President think that they "Rule" our Country.  If I recall my U. S. History from the third grade correctly, our Citizens celebrated the "Boston Tea Party" to prove to the British Authorities that we are not going to be unjustly taxed by a "Ruler."

In fact our great Country was established with the concept of "Freedom For All Citizens" as one of the mantras that has allowed us to become the Great Nation that we are.  I know that Peoples from all over the World covet what we have.  We all know that Peoples from all over the World are lined up to come to America.  In fact we have people who choose to ignore the normal process to live in our America that they sneek in. 

I would suggest that the readers of this Post here today, reflect on what we have achieved and what our future holds for us if we continue to let our duly elected "Leaders" rule  us. 

If I remember and recall correctly, Dr. Martin L. King expoused "Freedom" in a great number of his speeches.  I often hear the phrase "That Freedom Is Not Free."  It has been won by the efforts of thousands of our Nation's Heroes who have defended the principles of Freedom in the many conflicts that our Warriors/Heroes have participated in.

I am not at this time willing to let their service and sacrifice be ignored.  We must honor these Heroes by demanding that our Leaders  lead within the guidelines of our U. S. Constitution and the Laws that have been enacted since our Constitution was adopted/approved by "We The People."

We The People deserve a representative Government as outlined in our U. S. Constitution.  After all we Declared Independence from King George well over two hundred and thirty-five years ago.

It is my prayer today that:  "May God Continue To Bless America."



No comments: