Sunday, October 23, 2011

"A Taste of Broadway"

Now before anyone thinks that the Flower Child spent the weekend in New York City let me put your mind at ease.

I was fortunate in the fact that I knew several members of the Byron United Methodist Church in Byron, Georgia and they sold me a ticket to this grand event.  My Bride and I attended the premier 2011 performance this past Friday evening, October 21, 2011.  The musical was presented in the Christian Fellowship Center of the Church.

The cast consisted of sixteen singers and each and everyone of them performe flawlessly.  The one hour and fifty minute program consisted of many hit songs of Broadway Musicals and was performed in a Bistro Setting.  The intermission featured great snacks which were abundantly shared with all attendees.

I realize that in order to produce such a great show that it takes many, many volunteers and also realize that it takes several practice sessions to present such a great show.

I understand that the proceeds from this Musical go to the Building Fund of the Byron United Methodist Church.  It was certainly a great evening of entertainment and toe tapping music.  For me the Tap Dancer was the hit of the show.


No comments: