Friday, October 21, 2011

Special Local Option Sales Tax (SPLOST)
Macon/Bibb County
Georgia

and

Sunday Package Store Sales
Macon/Bibb County
Georgia

I will make my statement at the beginning of this Post.  I am a resident of Bibb County, Georgia, United States of America. 

Yesterday, October 20, 2011 I participated in the early voting for the 2011 General Election.  As a Bibb County Resident I had only two items on my Ballot. 
  •  The first one was to vote for or against the SPLOST for all of Bibb County.  Approval of this item will add a one penny sales tax to every purchase in Bibb County in order to raise funds for many projects.
  • The second item on my ballot was the approval of Sunday Sales at all Package Stores in Bibb County.
After I voted I contemplated the potential results if the SPLOST is passed and the Sunday Package Store Sales is approved by a majority of the Voters in Bibb County.  We will be able to pay-off debt and construct a plethora of proposed items as well as fund several projects. 

If the Sunday Package Store Sales is approved we will also see an increased revenue stream to Bibb County, especially if the Counties surrounding Bibb do not approve Sunday Package Store Sales.  I do not even know if the Counties surrounding Bibb are even voting on Sunday Package Store Sales for their respective Counties.  The fact that Citizens should vote on this item was left to the appropriate elected officials of each County.

Therefore I am suggesting that Bibb Voters should approve the SPLOST and the Sunday Package Store Sales.  Then we can most certainly prosper because if the outlying counties do not approve Sunday Package Store Sales we will see a massive influx of customers traveling to Bibb County to acquire their Package Store Items on any Sunday.

Now to be honest, I was raised in a State where the Package Stores were operated by that State.  They were only open six days a week.  Of course anyone who desired to consume Package Store items was capable of planning ahead and acquiring their choice of Adult Beverages on Saturday.

However, when I first arrived in Georgia many, many years ago, my Landlord quickly pointed out that if I ever was thirsty for any Adult Beverages on Sunday I could travel down such and such back road and acquire anything I desired.

I submit this Blog Post to simply share my opinions and trust that you will read this post for your personal information as you also decide how you should vote regarding the SPLOST and the Sunday Package Store Sales here in Bibb County Georgia.  As we all know "Life Is A Series Of Choices.  That stated, I know that many, many Heroes have served our Great Nation so that you have the opportunity to Vote.  Therefore, Please Do So!!!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. I will vote for both. As I understand what would happen if they fail. More larger cost for me and my family. Very good article. Enjoy reaing your thoughts.