Sunday, January 04, 2009

Daphne Odora Blooming in Flower Child's Garden


If you ever desire a lovely fragrance during the Winter I would humbly suggest that you obtain a few of these plants. The one above blooms white. The one below has purple/lavender white blooms.
I first acquired these lovely, very low maintenance plants in the early 90s after viewing them at the Southeastern Flower Show in Atlanta, Georgia one February. I was visiting Wheeler's Nursery on Gray Highway here in Middle Georgia and they have several for sale at $6.00 each. I quickly acquired seven of these lovely plants.

As I prepared for this blog post I ascertained that one on-line plant sales site had these plants for sale in three quart liners for $39.95.

I did a bit more internet research and acquired more information about this special plant. This Nursery in McDonough, Georgia has these plants. Their website is at:

The above referenced website is very informative regarding plant placement, etc. I have had my plants for many years now and have never taken a pruner to them. They are slow growing and thrive in the same area that I have camellias.
Daphne Odora - A wonderful low maintenance plant that provides an abundance of fragrance each January through March.




No comments: