Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Enjoying Life
The Flower Child Enjoys Reading
I am sure that everyone recalls the dreaded book reports they had to write as they participated in their own High School Education. First of all you had to select a book and then read it and then write what you learned or appreciated about the book.
If I recall correctly, I never did very well with my required book reports. That stated I am now old enough to appreciate good books. One of my Christmas presents this year was a book entitled "Tales from the Dad Side" by Steve Doocy. The author is the Cohost of Fox & Friends, a morning Television Show. This book looks at the humor that is in the life of every Dad who has spawned Children. It is a book that consist of twenty-six chapters with interesting titles such as "College: Can I Pay with Bonus Miles?" A fun book to read but it also rings true to what real Dads experience as they enjoy the opportunity to be a Father.

The book I have was a Christmas Gift from a Son and is a signed copy. Mr. Steve Doocy has donated $10,000.00 of the proceeds of the signed book to the "Wounded Warriors Project." I would encourage anyone who has been a Dad (the title last forever), who is a Dad, or even planning on being a Dad to procure a copy of this book now and read it for the insightful comments.

The second Book I want do discuss today is shown above. The back cover sums up the author's mantra. Recapture Sunday afternoons and long summer days. The perfect book for every boy from eight to eighty.

This also is a great book for any member of the species "Male Human." The most interesting section for me was entitled "A Brief History of Artillery." The author also laments this fact on the opening page: "I didn't have this book when I was a Boy." Such was the motivation for the writing this book which covers a wealth of knowledge, some vital and some just plain fun like the section about Marbles.


No comments: