Saturday, January 31, 2009

Home/Automobile Insurance
Almost everyone enjoys considerable savings by having the same insurance company carry their home and automobile insurance.
What I did not know until recently was that a credit rating also has an impact on the cost of insurance. I recently "kicked tires" on the cost of my home/auto insurance aftering viewing an advertisement on television. I was quoted a fair price on my home insurance and a considerable decrease on the auto coverage.
I relayed this information to my current carrier's local agent and I was informed that if I signed a release granting them authority to review my credit rating that it would be possible that my rates would decrease.
I signed the release and my auto insurance dropped $75.00 and the home insurance dropped $200.00. Needless to say, I am remaining with my carrier in as much as their adjusted rates are now in line with the quote I received from the "other" company.
Sometimes it pays to kick tires. Of course it also helps if your credit rating is not tainted.
I thought you might like to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovingly done is better than spectacularly said.