Monday, September 26, 2011

"Ask Your Doctor If Your Heart Is Healthy Enough For Sexual Activity!!"

or

"Seek Medical Attention If You Experience An Erection Which Last Longer Than Four Hours!!"

I am confident that each of us has heard these statements during the 4:00 P.M. through 8:00 P.M.   I have noted that they are usually presented during the evening news.

What I am waiting for next is for my GrandSon or my GrandDaughter to ask me what these statements mean.  I would submit that our young people quickly pick up on phrases that they hear when they observe the electronic media.

While I realize that these statements are essential to see certain products I would suggest that the "pill" makers/marketers consider how they would inform their own Children and/or Grandchildren of what these statements mean.

While I support appropriate sex education for children, I am aware that these statements are made to promote the sale of "pills" to help males continue to be teenagers during their sexual activity.

This is not a crisis that requires more laws from our Federal Government; but it does point out the need for a "common sense" approach toward marketing. 

We all can be sure that young citizens as young as four years old hear these statements and probably wonder what all of this means.  Someday they will ask their parents, grandparents or caregivers.  I am waiting for the day some five or six year old ask their School Teacher what these comments mean. 

In summary, Children are alert and hear a lot.  Children are always ready to ask questions!!  I suspect that my answer when these questions are asked of me will relate to the fact that older males need assistance, in some cases, to allow them to function.  Depending on their age I will go into detail.

One thing for certain, my own Grandchildren reside on a farm so they witness first hand the activity of "boy cows" as they interact with the heifers and cows.

Certainly something to consider.  Are we providing too much information?


No comments: