Friday, September 02, 2011

"The Help"

This afternoon My Bride invited me to a Movie Date.  We very seldom watch movies on the big screen; however she had heard so much about this movie "The Help" based on the book by Kathryn Stockell that we ventured to the local cinema.

This movie is based on the racial situation in this Country, the South and specifically the State of Mississippi in the early 1960s.

Although I did not reside in the South during that era, I have completed extensive reading about the situation and viewed the movie through the eyes of John Lewis who wrote the book entitled:   "Walking with the Wind" which is a memoir of the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s.

I would suggest that every high school and college student view this movie.  It it entertaining, but more important, it is very educational and very emotional.  From my limited background it is a very factual representation of how it really was.  Maybe that is why there is so much buzz about this movie.

Thank You Kathryn Stockell for writing this book and Thank You Hollywood for making this movie.

I appreciate the Movie very much.

No comments: