Tuesday, September 06, 2011






Flower Child's Birth Place

Clayton Ridge

 This house was constructed in the late 1910s at a total cost of $3600.00.   It featured four bedrooms upstairs and a bathroom.  This is the house that was home for my Dad.  He was the youngest of six children and grew up here on a 160 acre farm.  It also featured central steam heat and included a full basement.  I was born in this house.  My parents rented this farm for one year after they married.  They then purchased an 80 acre farm near Ceres, which was featured in an earlier entry today.  This structure is no longer in use.  I took this picture on July 6, 2011 during a visit to my home state.



 This is a picture of the one room elementary country school that my Dad attended.  It is now a museum maintained by the family that owns the farm where it sits.  This school was about a mile from the home where my Dad was a kid.

 This is a picture of Garnavillo School, later known as Garnavillo Community School.  I attended Junior High, Seventh and Eighth Grades in this building as well as High School.


This is a former Church in the town of Garnavillo, Iowa.  When I attended High School, this structure housed the Study Hall and the Typing Classroom.  At the current time this building houses the local Museum for the Garnavillo Area.



No comments: