Tuesday, September 06, 2011


The Religious Heritage
of
The Flower Child

 This plaque is on the wall of the Church pictured next.  This Church is within a mile of the Farm on Kale Avenue where I spend my childhood from age one to 18.  This church was in the village of Ceres and My Parents are buried in the Cemetery behind this Church.


 This is the Church I attended in my youth.  I was confirmed here.  My Brother, John and our Nephew Eric are members here.  Eric's Dad, David passed away in 2006.  He is buried in the same Cemetery behind the Ceres Church as My Parents.

 This Church, Trinity Lutheran Church is just across the street from the Guttenberg Area Military Memorial which you have viewed in an earlier entry on this site.  The original Church was built for the sum of $6,000.00.  It has been expanded twice.  The entrance area and the side office area were constructed since I left Guttenberg in 1961.

 This is Saint John's Lutheran Church.  This structure was constructed while I was young.  Saint John's is the oldest Lutheran Congregation in Guttenberg, Iowa.
A visit of Houses of Worship in Guttenberg would not be complete without showing Saint Mary's Catholic Church.  This Church is the most impressive structure in the Guttenberg Skyline.

No comments: