Saturday, August 25, 2012

Middle Georgia Art Association
Off the Wall Auction
The 45th Anniversary Finale

Last evening My Bride and I attended the Gala Auction which featured Guest Emcee Mark Ballard.  He was in charge of the Auction.  Thirty-five members of the Middle Georgia Art Association donated Art work for the auction.

 When my name was drawn to select an item I immediately selected the above still life by Glenda Clance.  Of course I used the time prior to the actual auction to select my choice.  Therefore I had no problem making my selection.

 During the activities of the week visitors to the Gallery were able to make their individual contributions to the "Community Painting."  I bid on this and was able to win the Silent Auction.  Thus I now have a painting which was completed by many visitors to the Week of the 45th Anniversary of the Middle Georgia Art Association.

Unfortunately no one placed a bid to acquire this painting which was completed by the "Past Presidents of the Middle Georgia Art Association."  After a period of negoiation I was able to also acquire this fine painting.  Thus I am now the proud owner of the "one of a kind" paintings completed during the Anniversary Week celebrating the 45th Anniversary of the Middle Georgia Art Association.

No comments: