Tuesday, August 21, 2012


Middle Georgia Camera Club

Member Competitions

Each year the Members of the Middle Georgia Camera Club may enter three Digital Competitions and the images are sent to a non-partial panel  of judges to determine the winning entries.

Today I sent off my second series of images for this Club Competition.


 This is a creative image of the Famed Blue Angels who recently visited Warner Robins Air Force Base to conduct an Air Show. 

 This is also a creative image of two Wind Turbine electric power generators.  I took this image during my recent visit to Northeast Iowa during the Summer of 2012.

 I also particiate in a Photographic Society of America (PSA) Digital Study Group.  The theme for our most recent submission was "A MACRO view of an unusual object/s.  These are railroad spikes that I arranged in a circle.  I also edited this image using Picasa 3 and the Neon option.  I am eagerly awaiting what my peers will say about this image.


 You may have heard of the "Feedom Rock" which is located in Iowa just South of Interstate 80 and West of Des Moines.  This image is a painting on the garage door of the artist.

 This is a view of the stairs leading to the Dome of the Iowa State Capital in Des Moines, Iowa.  I sharpened the photo to give it more drama.

During my experience as a photographer as a Member of the Middle Georgia Camera Club I am often informed that my submissions would score better if my scenic shots had clouds.  Thus I have become aware of always trying to take the pictures when the clouds are present.  This view of the Iowa State Capital shows the main dome as well as two smaller domes.  There are two other small domes on the other end of the structure.

If you are interested in honing your skills as a Photographer, either as a hobby photographer or a photographer who is interested in gaining additional knowledge I would suggest that you visit the Middle Georgia Camera Club.  The club website is:


I have been a member since 1999 and I enjoy the fellowship as well as the opportunity to learn more about my Hobby of Photography.

No comments: