Monday, September 09, 2013

Syria
Something to Consider
Before We Engage In
Air Stikes
This week our Nation's (the U. S. A) Congress will consider using Air Strikes against Syria because Syria has used Chemical Weapons against the Rebels there.  It is not my purpose today to discuss who authorized the deployment of Chemical Weapons in Syria.  That is a question that has generated a lot of discussion and I simply do not know or even understand why anyone would use Chemical Weapons.

That stated, we all know that our U. S. President made a remark that the use of Chemical Weapons in Syria would result in consequences.  A red line, so to speak.  I have heard that our President now claims that he did not mean that statement.  Our President has now asked our Congress for authorization to implement a series of Air Strikes against suspected targets in Syria.  Congress is reported to begin this consideration this very week.  

We here in the U. S. A. have also learned that our Friends in England have refused to join us in any planned/proposed Air Strikes in Syria.  That was a choice their Government has made.  

In view of the recent British action I would now like to quote a message from the King James Version of the Bible.  If I recall correctly King James was a British King.  Therefore I consider this version very appropriate.  The Words I quote were words that Jesus Christ used as He delivered His sermon on the Mount.  I will quote them in red letters:

Matthew Chapter 7, verses 3 - 5.
And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I will join our President in regarding the deployment of Chemical Weapons against adults and children in Syria.  This is a violation of international law that has been enacted many years ago.  If I heard correctly over 1400 people were gassed to death and that number includes about 400 children.  Helpless children who had a whole life to look forward to.

However, I would also like to point out to our President and also our duly elected Congress that they should consider adhering to the words of Jesus Christ, which I have quoted above.  How can we attempt Air Strikes against the Leaders of Syria or even the Rebels when we have a far more serious problem right here in the United States of America.

According to numbers I acquired from my research and also validated by the Center for Disease Control (an agency of the U.S. Government) we in the United States kill 1.2 million unborn babies each year with a procedure we call abortion. 

1.2 million babies who are helpless who had a whole life to look forward to, just as the 400 babies killed in Syria.

I may not understand the situation, but to me, I would suggest that we do indeed have our priorities incorrectly placed.  Yes, I know that 400 babies who lost their lives in Syria is a serious miscarriage of justice; however I believe we must also realize that what we are doing here in the U.S.A. is also a serious miscarriage of justice.

Or, to simply state it, why are Air Strikes being considered for Syria over the loss of 400 babies when we allow so many abortions in our own Country.  Or will we next consider Air Strikes against the Abortion Facilities in the U. S. A?



No comments: