Saturday, March 30, 2013

Sequestration
Day Thirty

Many of the readers here may not know that I reside within one half mile of the I-475 By-Pass around Macon, Georgia.  Additionally, I-75 which is one of two main routes from the North to Florida runs through Macon, Georgia.

It is my understanding that record numbers of travelers are taking to the roads this Easter Holiday.  My reporters have informed me that the majority of travelers traveling South to Florida appear to be mature adults.  One would think that the roads would be filled with younger citizens traveling to the beaches of Florida for Spring-Break.  Such does not appear to be the case. 

A friend traveled to North Atlanta on Friday, 29 March 2013 and has reported that both the North and South bound traffic was often at a stand still.  I get the impression that the Sequestration concerns has not impacted the average citizen to the point that they are not traveling this Easter Holiday/Spring Break Week-end.  Or, maybe, this is the last fling while it is still possible to acquire fuel for such a trip.

Your comments/observations on this situation would be appreciated.  As I compose this entry I realize that Easter Sunday 2013 is less than three hours away, therefore, Have A Blessed Easter!!!!!

No comments: