Sunday, March 31, 2013

Sequestration
Day Thirty-One

Today, Easter Sunday 2013 we set aside the short term problems facing the citizens in the United States to discuss the long term future for all who believe in God!

We all know the familiar Bible Verse:  John 3:16 which states "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."  Verse 17 goes on to say:  "For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world thorough him."

I learned this many years ago, however prior to my Confirmation of my Baptismal Vows in 1954 I also learned this which is contained in many places in the Gospel, but I quote here from I Corinthians 11 verse 23 and following:

The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said,  "This is my body, which is for you you; do this in remembrance of me."  In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying,  "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in rememberance of me."

The words of Jesus Christ as he implemented the "Lord's Supper" appears to be an additional requirement in addition to believing in him as required in John 3:16.

It is my understanding that Jesus Christ established the "Lord's Supper" to allow us a means of grace to also strenghten us in our Faith.  We now have an opportunity to show our graditude for the Death, Resurrection and Ascension into Heaven of our Savior.

Years later I learned in an Adult Bible Class during a study of James that Faith without works is dead.

We believe, we have faith in our God, yet we must remember God because we must also be able to show God our Graditude for the work he has accomplished for us.  Work that we could not even do!!!

Therefore by the Grace of God I am a redeemed Child of God who has a future in Heaven.




No comments: