Sunday, March 24, 2013

Day Twenty-Four

ARABIAN SEA (March 23, 2013) - German frigate FGS Hamburg (F220) and the aircraft carrier USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) steam alongside fast combat support ship USNS Bridge (T-AOE 10) while guided-missile cruiser USS Hue City (CG 66) steams astern of Hamburg during a replenishment-at-sea. Dwight D. Eisenhower, Hue City and Hamburg are deployed to the U.S. 5th Fleet area of responsibility promoting maritime security operations and theater security cooperation efforts. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 2nd Class Ryan D. McLearnon/Released)

I have recently learned that only about 24 percent of our Nation's Males in the age group 18 to 24 years of age are qualified for service in our Nation's Military.  The other 76 percent are not qualified because of:

Unable to pass the mental test
Criminal Record
A combination of the above.

I also understand that the average age of an Aircraft Carrier Crew is about 19 years and six months.  I sometimes get the impression that our Nation's House of Representatives and our Senate do not understand the "teamwork" concept that is employed on every ship in our Navy as well as in or on every unit in our entire U. S. Military.

Thus my proposal for the resolution of the current debt/financial problems facing our Country is for our Nation's lawmakers to practice the teamwork concept that even our young crew members of every Military Unit employ to complete the assigned task.  

If a bunch of nineteen year old kids can work as a team to operate an Aircraft Carrier crew of about 5000 I am confident that a small organization such as the U. S. Congress of 535 can also be taught/learn to function to meet the needs of "We The People."

Please be aware that many years ago I was also a part of the crew of an Aircraft Carrier in our U. S. Navy.  I know for a fact that it was done, is still being done and my expectations today are that OUR GOVERNMENT CAN DO THE SAME!! 

No comments: